Daily Announcements for 1/30/18
Tuesday, January 30 2018
DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2018
- CHEER: Varsity and Junior Varsity Cheer tryouts will be March 10th. If you want to try out or are considering it, you must sign up by this Friday! Sign-ups are located on the cheer room doors.
- JUNIOR CLASS: Junior class rings will be delivered on Tuesday, February 6th in the library from 11:30-1:30. Please come by during your lunch shift to pick up your ring.
- FBLA: Mrs. Martindale needs the following students to turn in their FBLA PERMISSION slips Danielle Hines, Grace Morgan, Addison Martin, and Haley Brady. Tomorrow, Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 6 am the bus will leave for the FBLA Spring District Competition in Pine Bluff from the south parking lot. You must be here by 5:50am to load the bus. You must wear professional attire and bring snack and lunch money.
- Seniors of EHS 2018, if your date for the prom is not an EHS Senior , you must get it approved. Forms are located in Mrs. Thigpen's Office. Deadline to turn in forms is March 29.
- Come by Mrs. Thigpen's office to receive a copy of prom attire guidelines. IF you have any questions, please come by and see Mrs. Newton. If dresses do not meet guidelines, you will not be admitted into prom...this includes ANY date brought outside of EHS. You will not be refunded on your ticket.
- GUIDANCE OFFICE:
- Seniors, please take the yellow scholarship information packet that you got from your senior English teachers home to your parents.
- Also, Ms. McClellan is offering ACT test prep tutoring on Tuesdays & Thursdays in room 1415 after school.
- The Governor's Distinguished Scholars deadline is February 1. Any senior with a 32 or higher ACT score should apply.
- VARSITY FOOTBALL: Varsity Football try-outs will be today, Tuesday, the 30th after school. You must have a 2.0 GPA to try-out. Bring your own shoes and workout clothes. Try-outs will be from 3:30-4:30
- EAST: EAST has partnered with UCAPS to collect shoes for their Shoes for Shelter project, which benefits others and helps raise funds for UCAPS. Students are asked to donate gently used shoes. Our goal is 100 pairs of shoes. All sizes and kinds are welcome. Donation boxes can be found in front of the main office and library. The deadline to donate is Friday, February 2nd.
- INDEPENDENT READING: Are you reading your A.R. book? If you have finished, have you tested with your English teacher? The classroom testing deadline is February 8th for Freshman and Junior classes and February 9th for Sophomore and Senior classes. Wildcats succeed because they read!
- FCCLA: FCCLA will be selling candy apple grams for Valentine's Day! Presales will start Monday! Hard candy apples are $2 and caramel apples are $3. Send your sweetie, friends, or yourself a yummy candy apple for Valentine's Day. The recipient will receive a gift tag and an apple. You can place your orders with any FACS teacher, FCCLA member, or during your lunch shift. We will take orders until February 7th and apples will be delivered on Valentine's Day. Stay sweet =)
- MISS-ter EHS: Miss-ter EHS will be this Saturday, February 3rd in the EHS auditorium. Tickets for Miss-ter EHS will be sold during all three lunch shifts. Proceeds benefit Arkansas Children's Hospital.
- SOPHOMORES: Sophomore pink shirts on sale in Ms. Lowe's room for $10. Get them now! Limited supply!!!
- WILDCAT CAFE: The Wildcat Cafe will be closed this afternoon.
- DECA: DECA State Conference Fees are due this Friday Feb 2nd. See Mrs. Phillips or Mrs. Kathy Owen if you have any questions.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes: EHS Fellowship of Christian Athletes will meet in the art project room on 1/31/18 during all three lunch shift, bring your lunch with you and come hang out. Contact Officer Ardwin with any questions.