Daily Announcements for 3/8/18
Thursday, March 08, 2018
DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2018
- Seniors of EHS 2018, if your date for the prom is not an EHS Senior , you must get it approved. Forms are located in Mrs. Thigpen's Office. Deadline to turn in forms is March 29.
- Come by Mrs. Thigpen's office to receive a copy of prom attire guidelines. IF you have any questions, please come by and see Mrs. Newton. If dresses do not meet guidelines, you will not be admitted into prom...this includes ANY date brought outside of EHS. You will not be refunded on your ticket.
- GUIDANCE OFFICE:
- The Arkansas Community Foundation Scholarship portal is open. Several scholarship options are on this site all seniors are encouraged to apply. Visit www.arcf.org.
- Several scholarship applications are avaliable in the guidance office. The Union County Community Scholarships can be found at www.uccfar.org
- Friday, March 9th is the registration Deadline for the April 14 ACT. Stop by the Guidance Office and Visit with one of the College/Career Coaches if you need assistance signing up.
- The Susie Barnes Abron Scholarship application is available in the Guidance Office.
- BETA: The 3rd nine weeks Beta club meeting will be held this week in room 1537. Members must attend one meeting. The options are Thursday 3:45-4:15 or Friday 7:20-7:50. Freshmen who were invited to join Beta must pay their dues by Friday to join this year. Also, Freshmen should attend one of the meetings. See Mrs. Steele if you have any questions. .
- Volunteer at the Doggie Dash: Need service hours? Love puppies? Come to room 2429 and ask Ms. Fussell how you can get up to 4 service hours by volunteering at the Doggie Dash on Saturday, March 10th. The only catch is that it's in the morning, otherwise it's all puppies and joy!
- SOCCER: Congratulations to the Girls and Boys Soccer Teams on their victory over Lake Hamilton last night. Girls won 2-1 and boys won 4-1; keep up the good work.
- YEARBOOK: Do you have what it takes to be on the EHS Yearbook or Newspaper staff? Can you write? Draw? Take pictures? Maybe you're just a social butterfly who loves to talk to everyone you meet. Come see Mrs. Cross for an application!
- DECA: Senior Signature shirts are on sale now. Come see me in room 1518. Sign your signature all lunch shifts next week Mon-Wed 3/12-3/14.
- FBLA: FBLA Fundraiser is in. World's Finest Almonds. All state competitors must sell a box. See Mrs. Owen or Mrs. Phillips. Any member can also participate.
- VARSITY BOYS AND GIRLS TRACK: Teachers please release the Varsity Boys and Girls Track Teams at the beginning of 5th period. They are to eat 1st lunch and report to the locker room.
- FRESHMEN BOYS TRACK: Congrats to Luke Stratton and Devin Johnson for placing 1st and 5th, Tuesday in the Monticello Track meet . In hurdles G'cory Lovett placed 4th. The Relay team of Stratton, Dylan Avant, Kade Newton, and Donavon Dismuke place third in the 4 by 1 relay. Also, Eloy Rodriguez and Dylan Wilson placed in the Mile. Cats are back in action next Tuesday at the Wildcat Invitational. Good job Cats!
- NHS: NHS will have a meeting before school on Friday, March 16th at 7:40 in Mrs. Mobbs room. All junior and senior members of NHS need to attend this meeting. If you cannot attend, come see Mrs. Mobbs ahead of time so you can know what we'll be talking about. It's a short meeting, so don't be late!
- YOUNG DEMS AND REPUBLICANS: Will you be 18 by November 13 of this year? Then you can vote! Come to the "Rock the Vote" table during lunch next week to register and learn about the candidates wanting to represent you next year. You MUST have a driver's license number or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number to register. See Ms. McKibben for more details.