Why enroll my child in El Dorado Public Schools?

El Dorado Schools have something to offer every child. Our elementary schools offer open enrollment, allowing parents the opportunity to express their preference of school that best fits their child - Hugh Goodwin Academy of the Arts, Northwest Environmental Academy, Retta Brown Academy for Communication & Technology, and Yocum Math & Science Academy. Washington Middle School, for grades 5 and 6, gives students the chance to broaden their skills with Pre-AP courses in core areas and elective courses that include arts, musical/theater performance, orchestra, and STEM Maker Labs and competition teams. Barton Junior High, for 7th and 8th grade students, provides more opportunities for students to learn and grow with culinary arts, robotics, arts, band, and athletic programs. These courses are in addition to a rigorous curriculum that awarded Barton Junior High top honors in English, Science and Math. El Dorado High School expands horizons even further with challenging course work for students choosing any route of study - technical, traditional, or Advanced Placement. EHS Athletics are top in the state and offer a variety of options from football, baseball, and basketball to swimming, soccer, and track. On top of the challenging curriculum and exciting extracurricular activities, students who graduate from EHS have the opportunity to receive the El Dorado Promise. These are just a few of the reasons you should enroll your child in El Dorado Public Schools. Set up a tour of our schools by calling our Central Administration Office at (870) 864-5001 and see for yourself why you should make The Promising Choice for your child today!

How do I enroll my child in El Dorado Public Schools?

To enroll your child in El Dorado Public Schools, visit our Central Administration Office at 200 W. Oak St. and one of our friendly staff will assist you.

What should I bring to enroll my child?

Birth Certificate*

Social Security Card

Shot Records

Proof of Residence (Bill with current address dated within the last 30 days)

*If a birth certificate is not available for your child, one of the following may be presented: county record of birth or written statement by local registrar certifying the child's birth; baptismal certificate; passport; affidavit of the date and place of birth by the child's parent or guardian; or previous school records.

How old must my child be to register for kindergarten?

Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years old by August 1 of the current year.

When is kindergarten registration?

Enrollment for students entering kindergarten begins in early March. Notices and advertisements will be widely placed when the exact date is set.