Daily Announcements for 2/19/18
Monday, February 19 2018
DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2018
- Seniors of EHS 2018, if your date for the prom is not an EHS Senior , you must get it approved. Forms are located in Mrs. Thigpen's Office. Deadline to turn in forms is March 29.
- Come by Mrs. Thigpen's office to receive a copy of prom attire guidelines. IF you have any questions, please come by and see Mrs. Newton. If dresses do not meet guidelines, you will not be admitted into prom...this includes ANY date brought outside of EHS. You will not be refunded on your ticket.
- GUIDANCE OFFICE:
- The Arkansas Community Foundation Scholarship portal is open. Several scholarship options are on this site all seniors are encouraged to apply. Visit www.arcf.org.
- The Brookshire's Because History Matters Scholarship information is available in the Guidance Office. The deadline is 2/23/18 The Arkansas Community Foundation Scholarships are open. Several scholarship options are on this site all seniors are encouraged to apply. Visit www.arcf.org.
- Several scholarship applications are avaliable in the guidance office. The Union County Community Scholarships can be found at www.uccfar.org
- HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL: Auditions for EHS' production of High School Musical will be held Tuesday February 20th and Thursday February 22nd at 7 p.m. Those interested in auditioning are asked to prepare a 30 second portion of either "Breaking Free" or "Bop to the Top". For more information, please visit Troupe42.com.
- ASLI: Do you like leadership? Snacks? How about service hours? Join ASLI Thursday, February 22, in room 2412 for a Q&A with young leaders from our state. Then get one-on-one mentoring time in workshops afterwards. Earn 2 service hours and learn how to make change in your community. See any ASLI member for details.
- BOYS' AND GIRLS' SOCCER: Boys will practice at the stadium; girls at the dome today.
- VARSITY BOYS' BASKETBALL: Congratulations to the Varsity Boys basketball team on their 57-52 victory over the Greenwood Bulldogs in the first round of the 6-A West Conference Tournament. The Wildcats will play again Tuesday night at Lake Hamilton in the Semi Finals at 6pm. With the victory over Greenwood the Wildcats qualified for the State 6A Basketball Tournament in West Memphis Arkansas February 28-March 3.
- FBLA: There will be a FBLA meeting on Wednesday, February 22, at 7:30 in Mrs. Owen's room, Room 1508, for all of those who qualified to compete at the state conference in April. Please make every effort to attend. Topics of discussion will be fundraising, housing, permission forms, and much more.
- CHESS: Congratulations to the following EHS Chess team members for their performance in Saturday’s regional at Bryant: Lukas Humphreys, who finished with a perfect 5-0 record on his way to second place in the 64-player field. Dave Davison finished right behind him with a record of 4 wins and a draw. Strong performances were also turned in by Shayla Smith, Hanzala Ali, Lucas Mason, and Logan Mason. The chess team qualified for state and will compete in the finals at Benton on March 3rd. Outstanding job, everybody.
- WILDCAT CAFE: The Cafe will be closed today due to conferences!
- TRACK: Track practice will be at the stadium immediately after school today. A bus for those needing transportation will be leaving the school at 1:45.